We are seeking 4 volunteers – Youth Work Assistant positions.
One position, in Westside in Galway city, involves working with young people with challenging behaviours.
The other three positions, in Ballinasloe, Tuam and Loughrea are for general youth work assistants.
The projects cater for young people aged between 10 and 21 years of age. Focus is on empowering and assisting young people in their personal and social development. Providing a safe and supportive environment for young people to realise and achieve their full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Personal Management Responsibilities
• Keeping up to date with office diary and arrangements for the day/week ahead,
• Attending staff team planning meetings and contributing to same.
• Assisting with project administration,
• Keeping diary/planners up to date to ensure good communication in the project.
Youth Work Responsibilities
• Planning, preparation and delivery of relevant programmes for groups as agreed with project co-ordinator, ensuring attendance sheets, goal planning, record forms are completed and filed,
• Efficient and professional record keeping as directed by project co-ordinator,
• Reporting/giving feedback to Project Co-Ordinator, as required.
• Assisting with any fund raising where possible to include fundraisers specific to the project and Youth Work Ireland Galway fundraising events,
• Any other duties assigned by project co-ordinator.
• Awareness of responsibilities in relation to the safety and welfare of young people,
• Keeping work areas safe,
• Maintain good housekeeping.
Requirements for applicants:
– A basic working level of English is needed.
– Personal strengths and experience should be shown in motivation letter.
– Also important the ability (self-sufficiency and independence) to live away from home for 10 months.
Tuam, Ballinasloe and Loughrea are small, rural towns. It is important that the applicants are aware of this and are not expecting a city like Galway.
Volunteering dates are 8 October 2018 to 31 July 2019.
Volunteers should arrive as close to 08 October as possible, but no later than 12 October.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: 2018 06 30
Send your your CV and mototivation letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please when applying: mention town you applying to.
For more information, write to the email above.
YW Assistant Westside EVS job description (1)