It all started in the training course “POWER to YOUth”on Youth Empowerment for youth workers working with young people with fewer opportunities, which took place end of 2014 in Luxemburg. Youth workers from Creativitas NGO, Lithuania, and Youth Work Ireland Galway, Ireland were short of time to get deeper into youth work systems of their countries, so Helen Butler invited colleague Vilma Indrikoniene to come for job shadowing.
The objectives of the project “Move”:
- share experience between the organizations Youth Work Ireland Galway and Creativitas;
- To share new and different ways of working;
- To establish future partnership between both organizations;
- To find possibilities to organize future activities between Youth Work Ireland Galway and Creativitas;
- To develop the skills and the knowledge of the participants in the project.
Youth Work Ireland Galway believes in providing non-formal learning for young people activities and see that play is a powerful tool to ensure learning is a fun and positive experience. In the framework of current project the organisation is the host organisation who shares their aims and ways of reaching them. Creativitas main aim is to create a space for qualitative and creative education and learning practices and to encourage one’s experimentation in personal expression and development, as well as to contribute to development of organisations. This project will help Creativitas to expand a team of competent youth workers, available in the distant area from the big cities.
Job shadowing will take place June 21 – July 6, 2015.
The project is financed by European Union programee Erasmus+